MediaBox HD Overview
In this article, we will be divulging important details on how to install MediaBox HD on Firestick and other devices that run on the android platform.
Is it Any Good?
MediaBox HD is the revitalized application that used to be known as The Movie DB app. It’s got history just like Tea TV. It has a solid fan base, one of the major reasons being that it only shows content that has working links. Fixing one of the biggest problems faced when using android tv applications. Endlessly clicking on links and content that doesn’t work.
What Does it Do?
MediaBox HD works in a similar way to a lot of other Android TV apps, using their proprietary scrapers they search online looking for new content added from 3rd parties. The links are automatically tested and if they are found to work then they are added to an extensive media library.
A plus side of the application is that it only serves working links that are checked daily.
Is MediaBox HD Safe and Virus-free?
We tested this application using VirusTotal and found that there is/are malicious file/files. You can see the above result for your reference.
Because of this, we highly recommend using a VPN that can protect your privacy against any threat from MediBox HD.
Here’s how you can Install The Best VPN For Firestick and All Devices.
What Platforms Does it Work On?
Media ox HD works on all Android-based devices and also has an iOS app
MediaBox HD Features
- Wide range of media
- Search function
- Feature to watch content offline
- Comes with a dark and light theme
- Works with a variety of external media players
- Has a kid’s mode
- Option to download content straight from the source
- Auto Play
- Works on iOS and Windows with an Android emulator
- Compatible with Real Debrid, Premiumize, and Trakt.TV
- Will only show content that is currently available
- Supports Chromecast and Amazon Fire TV
Install MediaBox HD on a Firestick
Note: ReviewVPN.com does not host this APK file. It is hosted on Archive.org.
- Scroll right from the home screen of the Firestick until you reach Settings.
- In Settings, scroll to the right until you reach My Fire TV.
- Click on Developer Options and turn on ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
- Click the home buttons and scroll to the left to search the Amazon App Store.
- Search for and install the downloader.
- Type https://reviewvpn.com/mhd in the address bar.
Install MediaBox HD on a Firestick with Screenshots
1. Click Home on your remote and scroll once to your Right. Click Setting (Gear Wheel Icon).
2. Scroll down and to the right until you get to My Fire TV. Click on it.
3. Select Developer options.
4. Turn on ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources.
5. Click Turn On when the pop-up appears.
6. Click Home, click FIND.
7. Click Search.
8. You can either say Downloader to your Alexa voice-enabled remote or start typing it. If you typed it, click on the suggestion when it appears.
9. Click on the Downloader Icon.
10. Click Download.
11. Click on Open.
12. Click on Allow.
13. Use the Downloader search tab.
14. Type https://reviewvpn.com/mhd and then click Go,
15. Let the apk be downloaded.
16. Click on Install
17. Wait for the app to be installed.
18. Select Open.
19. Click Allow.
20. That’s it, enjoy watching.
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi. Currently, your IP 18.104.22.168 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider. Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN: A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
YOUR INTERNET ACTIVITY IS BEING WATCHED
ReviewVPN cannot attest to the legality, security and privacy of the applications discussed on this site. It is highly recommended that you use a VPN service while streaming or using Kodi.
Currently, your IP 22.214.171.124 is visible to everyone and your Browser is being tracked by Advertisers & ISP Provider.
Here are the main reasons why you must use a VPN:
A VPN works be replacing your ISP-assigned IP address and creating an encrypted tunnel. We recommend the no log service offered by IPVanish. It works well on a Firestick and offers the fastest possible speeds.
Legal Disclaimer: ReviewVPN.com does not encourage or endorse any illegal activity involved in the usage of services and applications referenced on this site. We do not verify the licensing agreements of services. The end-user is wholly responsible for ensuring that any media accessed through these services does not violate copyright and/or licensing laws. ReviewVPN does not promote, link to, or receive compensation from any Apps and IPTV services.
Pros and Cons
- Massive library of content
- Development history and provenance coming from an older application
- Simple and clean user interface
- Compatibility with Premiumize means that you can download torrents at high speed
- The fact that links are tested and only working content is shown is a massive time saver to a major problem with a lot of live-streaming apps
- Kids mode means that it’s safe for the kids to use, stopping them from accessing adult content
- Compatibility with Real Debrid means you can access lots of up to date playlists, as well as unrestricted downloads, and avoid buffering
- Being compatible with Trakt.tv means you can pick up watching something where you left off
- 100% free
- Good filter and search function
- Subtitles compatible with multiple sources
- Auto Play and Auto Next functions for easy binge-watching
- Supports a wide variety of languages
- Download content to watch offline means you can use it on a phone or tablet and watch your favorite shows or films on the go
- Customizable skins give it a Kodi like feel
- You can request movies and TV shows that you want to be added
- Has a working iOS app
- Lack of community support or much information even on Facebook or Reddit
- Smaller media library than most of its competitors, because a lot of content isn’t shown if they cannot find a working link
Is it Safe to Use?
Yes, the application is available to download from the Amazon Store. Always make sure you download from a trusted site, the Amazon store of MediaBox HD website. Be careful of clone websites with similar names.
Is it Legal or Grey?
It’s a grey area but if we are honest MediaBox HD like all of the applications in the industry is helping to carry out copyright piracy. The only way it would be legal is if it is coming directly from the provider which usually involves a fee. This is why we always recommend using an Android TV application with a VPN.
Should I Use This App With a VPN?
Yes, the chance is if you try to use MediaBox HD without a VPN then your Internet Service Provider would block the content. ISPs are really hot on illegal streaming applications and will log your usage and may even send you a letter warning you not to watch illegal content.
With a VPN you can obscure your IP, route your traffic through their DNS, and encrypt your data meaning that no one will know what you are doing, not even your ISP.
Using a VPN will help keep your identity safe and give you access to far more content than you would have without encryption.
Note: For more information about Surfshark, please read our Surfshark Review.
How to Install Surfshark VPN on Firestick
You can download Surfshark directly from the Amazon App store. It will be easy for you to find Surfshark with your Firestick’s Find feature. Refer to our screenshots below.
1. Go to the Home screen of your Firestick.
2. Navigate towards the Find tab. Press the Search button from the resulting dropdown.
3. Type in the keyword of SurfShark and select from the suggestions that will appear.
4. Click the official SurfShark icon from your search results.
5. Press the Download (You own it) button.
6. The SurfShark VPN installer will download on your device.
7. SurfShark VPN’s app will automatically install itself on your Fire TV stick.
8. Press the Open button after completing SurfShark VPN’s installation process.
9. Please wait for the SurfShark VPN to load its user interface.
10. You can now log in with your SurfShark VPN account credentials.
- 1200+ Servers in 60+ Countries around the world
- Unlimited Connections
- No-Log Policy
- Top Notch Military-Grade VPN Protocols and Encryptions
- 100% Safe and Secured
- Most Trusted VPN
- Best VPN for Firestick
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Yearly $3.99 per month (63% Discount) – 30 days risk free + Ransomware & Malware Protection
- Quarterly $5.32 per month (51% Discount)
- Monthly $10.99 per month
For more VPN discounts, go to ReviewVPN Deals and purchase the best VPN for you.
Is it Free?
Yes, but comes with ads.
Are There Ads? (If it has ads is there a modded version)
Yes, ads are served within the application.
Is There a Premium Version?
No, you can get a modded application or just suffer the ads.
Is There an Official Website?
Yes, a pretty basic one, but comes with a changelog. There do seem to be a lot of copycat websites around. Find MediaBox HD here: https://mediaboxhd.net/
What Other Devices Does it Work On?
MediaBox HD will work on any device running Android including the Nvidia Shield.
How Does The App Work?
Simply download, unzip, install and go.
What is the Minimum Version of Android I Need?
How Long Has it Been Around?
Difficult to tell, but from what we can say from their activity on Reddit, at least a year.
Is it a Terrarium Clone?
What is the Development Team Like?
Again, we pretty much came up blank, we suspect a solo hobbyist developer.
There are better applications out there with a more active community and developers.
ReviewVPN.com does not host any of these files. They are hosted on Archive.org.
Media Box HD does have a lot of things going for it. It has good support and compatibility with all the major platforms as well as a decent library of content. The features reflect a product that has been worked on for a long time like autoplay and auto next.
One of the biggest pulls is that content is vetted before being added to the library which is great if you don’t want to keep clicking on content that isn’t there or doesn’t work.
However, we are a bit concerned about the lack of information or support from any obvious Facebook or Reddit group. Sometimes this can be a sign that the app could just stop working or go down at any time if the developer loses interest.