7 of 9
7 of 9 is named after the famously hot Borg character played by Jeri Ryan in Star Trek Voyager. As you can guess it’s a themed add on and also features all the episodes from the many spin offs of the Star Trek series as well as plenty of other tv shows, movies and live content.
What is Kodi?
Kodi is a free to download piece of open source software which can turn your TV in an all in one media and entertainment center. First developed in 2002 Kodi has become one of the leading media players in the world and has a custom designed 10-foot user interface which mean it can effectively scale add ons and media content to fit any TV.
Kodi itself is free and legal, but also hosts thousands of add ons which allow you to access almost any Live TV, TV Shows and Films as soon as they are released.
What is an add on?
Add ons are 3rd party applications which are accessible through Kodi but neither endorsed nor hosted by them.
They can be downloaded individually or as part of a large repository (a collection of add ons ) or a build ( a collection of repositories which may also include different skins which change the UI and visual look of your Kodi software)
What is 7 of 9?
7 of 9 is a multi-source scraper add on and can be found in the Diamond Wizard repository. It provides a wide range of genres from tv shows to live TV
- Clean if basic UI
- Fully customizable
- Import scrapers
- Large range of media
- Kids TV section
- Martial Arts
- A lot of fringe TV shows not found elsewhere
How to install 7 of 9
Follow these simple steps to install 7 of 9 on your Kodi application. Remember for the reasons stated in the FAQ that you should always use a VPN prior to installing 7 of 9 and also every time you use Kodi
- Open up Kodi
- Clock on settings (the gear icon in the top left-hand corner)
- Click System
- Turn on Unknown sources
- Go back to the previous screen using the back button and click File Manager
- Click add source
- Click “Add None”
- In the “Enter the paths or browse for the media locations” URL bar that comes up type in : http://repo.rubyjewelwizard.com (If for any reason this link stops working use Google to find a working link/mirror site for the latest working version)
- Name the source Exodus
- Click OK, Exodus will now be added to your Kodi file manager
- Click Add ons
- Click install from .zip file
- Select your 7 of 9 file
- Once you select the zip file it will take a few seconds
- Now click install file from repository
- Click 7 of 9 Repo
- Click Video add ons
- Click Video Add ons and then install, also click install for additional add ons
- Go back to the home screen and 7 of 9 should now be successfully installed and you are good to go
Is it safe to use?
7 of 9 has been around along time, as has the Diamond Wizard repo. Definitely safe to use. Be careful when downloading add ons from sources which do not point directly to the known repo. The files may contain malware or viruses. We recommend you scan any files from unknown sources with Malwarebytes.
Is it legal or grey?
7 of 9 is in the grey area when it comes to what it allows you do as an add on. Many add ons plead legality by acting as third parties for content between providers and users, when truthfully they are as much complicit in the distribution of illegal material, which is why add ons regularly go down or disappear altogether.
Like most Kodi add ons it is not endorsed by Kodi and cannot be found in their official app store.
Should I use this app with a VPN?
You should always use Kodi with a VPN for a number of reasons:
- A VPN can help stream anonymously by encrypting your data sent through your ISP’s system and making your data look just like any other secure transmission which cannot be decrypted
- Your Internet Service Provider works closely with content producers to crack down on the distribution of content that breaks copyright laws. Your ISP notes down all your browsing history and will flag you if you use known add ons and sources that distribute questionable content
- A VPN can also change your IP to make your connection originate from another location, or even another country
- This allows you to remain fully anonymous online as well as avoid any prying eyes or limitations placed on what you can view or watch
Is it free?
When was it released ?
7 of 9 was original released in 2017
7 of 9 is pretty dated and there are much better functioning and looking add ons out there
Seren: The newest implementation from the team that brought you the massively popular Incursion. You get great Netflix like quality. Compatibility with Premiumize including cloud caching and plenty of customization
The Magic Dragon: if you want an add on that delivers a massive amount of content on a wide range of categories then look no further. The Magic Dragon makes it easy to find new episodes and links has a really active community and is constantly being updated
Exodus Redux: Instead of going for a fork of an old code base, better to check the new and improved Exodus, you get access to super-fast scrapers, an active development team and some great features
Or simply just regularly check Google for best Kodi Add ons which are updated sometimes daily
7 of 9 should only be kept as a backup. The interface is desperately basic and we suspect the add on hasn’t been updated this year. For those with Kodi skills you could import your own scrapers and customize it further. But if that was the case you could probably just fork a better working add on.
One to be used as a last resort.